July 20, 2018 By TheNewYorkNews
PHILIP KOTLER is the S.C. Johnson & Son Distinguished Professor of International Marketing.
Other books he wrote are: Principles of Marketing, Kotler on Marketing, Marketing Insights from A to Z, Marketing 4.0, Marketing Places, Marketing of Nations, Chaotics, Market Your Way to Growth, Winning Global Markets, Strategic Marketing for Health Care Organizations, Social Marketing, Up and Out of Poverty, and Winning at Innovation.
Kotler describes strategic marketing as serving:
“the link between society’s needs and its pattern of industrial response.” “the organization’s marketing task is to determine the needs, wants and interests of target markets and to achieve the desired results more effectively and efficiently than competitors, in a way that preserves or enhances the consumer’s or society’s well-being.”
Further awards he received are:
- the first person to receive the “Leader in Marketing Thought” award voted on by the academic members of the American Marketing Association. 1975.
- the first recipient of the William L. Wilkie “Marketing for a Better World” award from the American Marketing Association to “honor marketers who have significantly contributed to the understanding and appreciation for marketing’s potential to improve the world.” On February 16, 2013.
- the first recipient of the Sheth Foundation Medal for Exceptional Contribution to Marketing Scholarship and Practice. 2013.
- received the Badge of Honor of Officer of the Order of Academic Palms established in France in the 19th Century. November 7, 2013.
- inducted into the Management Hall of Fame, along with 10 other management gurus. On November 19, 2013.
- is number 16 in the list of the 30 World’s Top Management Professionals and the only marketer. On March 1, 2014.
- is inducted in the Marketing Hall of Fame in New York City. May 28, 2014.
- received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Leaders International at the 6th Global Leadership Awards. On April 23, 2016.
Follow us on our social networks for more updates and other news: official accounts.
#book #Books #Review #thenewyorknews #newyorknews #Bookreview #Marketing #Marketing40 #Digital #PhilipKotler #Kotler #Bookreviews #newreleases #author #Books #personalities #worldnewsjournal #PhilipKotler #Kotler #Marketing #Professor